So, how did it go???

It was a very beautiful, crisp, cool almost cold morning for a run! I had a great time participating in our first half marathon :) Let me just mention that I was very nervous/ excited about this race. It was the same feeling I used to get when I competed in gymnastic meets.

Considering that I just started really running again at the beginning of the month, I didn’t have very high expectations for myself. I knew I wanted to push it, but most of all, I wanted to cross the finish line! Right before the race started Erin and I decided that we would run 1 mile then walk 1 mile, I thought that’s a good plan… I hope I can do that.

The race started off at a great pace for me. I made it to 3 miles without any hesitation, so we just continue on. Plus, I ran the 3 miles, 2 minutes faster than I ever have! Woo whoo, already breaking personal records!! By mile 5, I was beginning to get tired, but Erin and Susanna encouraged me to continue to mile 6. When we got to mile 6, I walked for approx. 30 seconds and realized it was much easier to just keep running. So I did until mile 8!!! I ran 8 miles!! I couldn’t believe it! Mile 9 was very tough because it was hilly, Erin and I were very glad to be walking! We decide to:
walk mile 9
run mile 10
walk mile 11
run mile 12
walk mile 13
run into the stadium to the finish line!

And that is exactly what we did! Erin and Susanna pushed the kids for most of the time, so way to go ladies!! When we stopped my hamstring knotted up and I could hardly walk! Thankfully a little stretching took care of that!

I finished my very first half marathon in 2 hours 42 mins and 40 secs!!! 1 whole hour faster than I was expecting!!! We are already planning on doing it again next year, and even Danny is wanting to do it! :)

Later that afternoon, I was very nervous to take off my shoes. I could feel that I had some major blisters. I did, I’m really hoping that they go away before Amy’s wedding! I have one more toenail that has lifted and might fall off! My leg muscles are really tight and it’s hard to bend down, and my ankles are a little sore, other than that I’m doing pretty good!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support! Thank you also if you made a donation to the PKD foundation!

I can’t believe that I did it!! AHH!!

2 thoughts on “So, how did it go???”

Let me know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s